Currently, CDC is recommending that ONLY moderately to severely immunocompromised people receive an additional FULL dose of the Moderna vaccine. This includes people who have:
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
People should talk to their healthcare provider about their medical condition, and whether getting an additional dose is appropriate for them.
Scheduling Link: https://app.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?owner=20821730&appointmentType=25734546
Bring the following with you to your appointment:
- Your insurance card
- Proof of age (i.e. government issued ID)
- It is VERY important that you bring your COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card that you were given with your first dose.
Comments are closed